Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Round 4 and a Big Thank You to Farmers' Rice Cooperative!

This Friday, I will go for Round 4 of chemotherapy. Although I am dreading going back to the infusion center, I’m in high spirits and more optimistic given how quickly I bounced back from Round 3. My chemo was on Friday, and by Sunday I was attending a Disney-on-Ice show with the girls. I was exhausted by Monday, but at least I felt healthy enough to see the girls’ enjoy their favorite princesses ice skating—and it was worth it! I am hopeful that following this round of chemo I will have a similar response and be back up on my feet quickly. Please continue to send your prayers and positive thoughts my way this Friday!

Also, I don’t know if any of you saw People Magazine this past week (I don’t subscribe- I just read it in line at the grocery store…), but if you did and you read the article about Patrick Swayze, my oncologist, Dr. George Fisher, was quoted several times. I feel lucky that I became his patient before his name was plastered all over the news. He’s going to be the hottest oncologist in the country! (Of course, he is the head of oncology at Stanford, so he already is quite sought after.) I feel very fortunate that he took me on as his patient.

Finally, I want to send a BIG thank you to the Farmers' Rice Cooperative for their donation of $1,000 on my behalf to the Cancer League. I was so touched by the generosity of this institution, I wanted to share it with you. I’m thrilled with the support that has been coming in and want to urge people to keep on giving! There are less than two weeks left before the end of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, so don’t delay on printing out those donation forms and sending them in!

No comments: