Monday, March 31, 2008

Last Chance to Celebrate National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!

I’m sure that you are all celebrating National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month in your own personal way – whether you put streamers up at your home or are having a party to mark the occasion. However, for those of you who are searching for a way to appropriately recognize this important month (which ends today), I strongly urge you to support the fundraiser that I have launched to eradicate colon cancer.

I’m thrilled to report that the Cancer League has received over 20 donations for this fundraiser! Thank you for your generosity. I know that many of you still intend to give and I’m sure all of you have the forms printed out and sitting on your desk. As a reminder, I’m asking that tonight when you get home, you write the check and drop it in the mail!

For those who have not yet donated, please print out one of the forms below and mail it in today:

To give by credit card: http://evescreditcardforms.blogspot.com
To give by check: http://thecancerleagueinc.org/donation%20form.pdf

As a quick update on my situation – on Wednesday I will be going in to Stanford to have the port placed in my chest. I expect my chest to be sore for several weeks following—so don’t hug me too tight! On Thursday, I will go in for Round 5 of chemotherapy. Please keep your prayers coming – I have a rough week ahead.

I hope that you all had a wonderful National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. (And please, please, please go and send your donation immediately to the Cancer League.)

2 comments:

ShanTimes said...

Okay, my Dear Friend. I have printed the form. A day late, but hopefully not a dollar short- HA. No April Fools. And I’m going to go through this manual process of sending a donation. If I can remember how to address an envelope and affix the stamp, that is. I desperately tried to find a way around it- I went to Cancer League site to see if I could find a way to just plug in the old credit card number. And there...not only did I not find a way to donate online...I was assaulted by a Yanni tune! What’s up with that?!!

It might not quite rival the pain and indignities brought on by cancer and all of the things we do to get rid of it...but it was a little bit of agony, all the same. Couldn't they come up with something a bit more empowering? Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive", perhaps? Or have the anti-AIDS folks used that one up? Or how about "Get The Hell Out Of Me", a lovely punk rock anthem, I believe by BikiniKill. That's one that went through my head a few times while undergoing various cancer treatment activities.

Anyhow, despite it all, I am going to send get that in the mail TODAY, in your honor. Cuz I LOVE YOU, Eve. (And you still love me, too, right?) XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Eve, thank you for Celebrating the Grand Finale of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month with us over lunch.

Not only was it for a good cause, and great to see you, but, hey, how often do you get to use the words "colorectal" and "lunch" together in the same sentence?

We are very proud of your fundraising, love your infectious, fighting spirit and look forward to more working lunches soon.

All the best.