Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Treatment

My 6-month chemotherapy program began as a 3 week cycle and, as of today, has now changed to a 2-week cycle. I begin with a chemo drip, followed by one week of chemo pills and then I have one week off for my body to heal. I have been through 2 rounds of chemo and tomorrow, Friday, March 7, I will face round 3.

I am working with the top oncologist at Stanford Medical Center, Dr. George Fisher, who I believe is one of the best oncologists in the United States. To supplement my western medicine, I have also begun work with an accupuncturist (the same accupuncturist who worked on Steve Jobs' pancreatic cancer), a chiropractic energy healer and an herbalist. I figured that the more people that I have on my team to combat the cancer, the better. This has been quite an education for me.

3 comments:

Staciahl said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow and throughout the weekend!

Becky said...

Eve, I'm so glad you're creating this blog and spearheading the fundraising. You'll get lots of virtual hugs (line mine!)and help educate us who love you. You're in my prayers.

Mike said...

Eve - You can do it lady! Kick some cancer butt.

We have you in our family's prayers and have added you to our small group and church prayer list.