Monday, October 25, 2010

Good Morning America – Tune in this Thursday Morning!

I have exciting news. Penguin Cold Cap Therapy is going to be featured on Good Morning America on Thursday morning. I have been very involved in helping the founder of the company, Frank Fronda, work with ABC on the story. They are planning to air a 4 minute segment on the cold caps. We are very excited that this will create the buzz that’s needed to ensure that folks who are facing chemotherapy-induced hair loss throughout the US will now know of the opportunity to save their hair. I have been on chemo for 6 weeks and I have not seen any hair loss – if anything, my hair seems to be getting even bigger since I’m not straightening it anymore!

In other news – I may now have a hernia. I don’t know how many of you have ever had a hernia – but it really really hurts. Every time I laugh, cough, sneeze or exert myself, a searing pain rips through my stomach right next to my stoma. When I spoke with my colorectal surgeon’s office today, they said that this is not uncommon for people sporting an ileostomy. Unfortunately, I can’t have surgery until I have completed a year of chemo – so this may make this year even longer and more painful. Oh well. It’s almost amusing to me that I am facing yet another hurdle. I would laugh – if it wouldn’t cause extreme pain!

I should know more soon about whether I have a hernia or if there is something else going on. But – in the meantime – I’m going to focus on taking my picture tonight and getting it to the producer at ABC so she can include me in Thursday’s clip!

I almost forgot to mention that on Thursday, please send your prayers and positive thoughts my way once again – since it’s chemo day. I need all of your great energy to get me through that very long day.

1 comment:

Anjie said...

Exciting news, but sorry about the possible hernia, Eve! Loving your attitude--just taking another hike up this mountain you're conquering, right?! You're much closer to the top of the world than the rest of us peeps slummin' in the foothills. ;-)