Thursday, October 25, 2012

There They Go Again!

As you know, when I froze my head with the Penguin Cold Caps to save my hair during chemo, I had the great fortune to not only meet but also to build a marvelous relationship with the amazing folks at Kenra (makers of fabulous hair products).  Over the past couple of years, Kenra has partnered with the Rapunzel Project to raise funds to help cancer patients save their hair during chemotherapy.

As if that effort wasn't enough - Kenra decided to take it to the streets.  Tomorrow, Kenra representatives Amber and Rebecca will begin their 3-day Susan G. Komen walk in Tampa to raise money for breast cancer research and community programs.

These phenomenal women wrote me recently to let me know that they decided to name their team "Team Eve."  I am so very honored that I'm able to be there in spirit as part of their effort to raise funds to fight this disease.  Although I couldn't imagine taking a 3-day walk, I can help their efforts by urging you to support Team Eve.  To give, go to:http://bit.ly/TdxGD8 and just click on one of their names.

What a great way to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  Hopefully, through efforts such as these, we will soon be celebrating Breast Cancer Eradication Month!

No comments: