Thursday, January 6, 2011

Redefining Myself

During today’s chemo session I asked Dr. Smith if I was still considered a “Stage 4 colon cancer patient” or whether I have been restaged now that my body is showing no evidence of disease. He said at this point, I am considered to be in full remission. Wow – was that great to hear. For so long I have been walking around saying that I have Stage 4 colon cancer. I now will say that I HAD Stage 4 colon cancer, but am now in remission. Hallelujah. He said that if in 6 months my body continues to show no evidence of disease that my chance of long term remission triples.

So that’s my new goal – stay cancer free for 6 months. With your prayers and my sheer determination - I just know we can do it together!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eve- that is the best news! You are always in my thoughts.. 2011 is going to be a great year for you... I know it will.

Unknown said...

Best. News. Ever. The Bookey house is rejoicing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve!
My name is Jody and I am a good friend of Joanna Wood! I am also a cancer survivor/warrior. What wonderful news you just received!! Miracles DO happen every single day!! I had a different kind of week, but nonetheless I will do what I have to do and keep my eye on the prize ... life!! I really would love for you to see and hopefully share my video. It's about healing, hope, the power of prayer and positive thinking!! It's a you tube video called "one million prayers for Jody" - you will see, it's not just for me, it's for ALL of us!! I have added you to my prayer list and I am delighted things are going so well for you!! Love, Jody

Erica Romero said...

Eve, I will most definitely pray for you to stay cancer free! that is great news! Hope the family is well. Erica