Monday, January 20, 2014

A Prayer for Holbrook



As you all know, I am completely in love with my oncology team. They have dedicated their lives to ridding cancer patients of disease. I cannot begin to express how much they mean to me and hundreds, if not thousands, of others who have been helped by their phenomenal care.



A couple of blog posts ago, I included a New York Times article about my amazing oncologist, Dr. Holbrook Kohrt. When I sent it out, I didn’t realize that he had done that interview from a hospital bed. While he is now home and resting, Dr. Kohrt will be heading into surgery on Wednesday to repair a leg injury from a fall several months ago. As you may recall from the article, Dr. Kohrt is a hemophiliac and thus, any injury, surgery, heck – even a cut -  is extremely dangerous for him.

I am calling out to you to request your prayers for Dr. Kohrt as he heads into surgery on Wednesday. We need him back and at full capacity at Stanford to continue doing the work that he loves – finding ways to fight cancer. I need him.  His other patients need him. The world needs him.

Many of you have sent me prayers over the years. You have helped me through some very rough times – so many surgeries, so much chemo, so much pain. But now – I need you to help this extraordinary man.

 

Please – take some time on Wednesday and send a prayer or just some very positive thoughts to my dear friend Holbrook. He needs all of us – so let’s be there for him.

No comments: