Monday, March 9, 2009

Stories of Hope

I am delighted to announce that the Colon Cancer Coalition has put my story on their website under the heading “Stories of Hope.” Let’s just say that I’d rather be on this list than in the other column entitled “Forget Me Nots,” the list that talks about those who have passed away from colon cancer. What is disturbing is the fact that the “Forget Me Nots” list is longer than the “Stories of Hope” list. I am hoping that we can change that.

While I was going through treatment and even to this day, the stories that I needed to hear were not of those who didn’t make it, but of those who survived and, even better, those who continue to thrive.

The strength and courage of survivor stories breathed hope into me during my treatment – if these people made it, so could I. Now, I get to pass on my story of hope to those who read the Colon Cancer Coalition’s website.

I know that several people who read this blog either are colon cancer survivors or know survivors. I’m asking you to share the survivor stories. Let’s make the “Stories of Hope” list 5 or even 10 times longer than the list about those who have passed away.

To read how to add a story or to read my story, just go to www.getyourrearingear.com/stories.

And – while registration information is still not out for the October 4th Get Your Rear In Gear 5K – there’s no time like the present for beginning your training (it’s only 3 miles, for goodness sake…)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eve just want you to know I love you. I got scoped today. Really no big deal.

Retrieved one polyp and found I've some diverticulitis and a long curvy bowel. Wooo Hoooo. Honest, I wouldn't have done it now without your inspiration. Thankfully you didn't have to save my life, but I hope you will save others.

Now we can have a guilt-free lunch! But I'm going to Akumal, Mexico first (back 4/14).