Monday, March 24, 2014

Have I Got a Great Mother's Day Activity for You!!!

As you start to put away your blue streamers after a crazy Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, it’s now time to think about the next big holiday – Mother’s Day! If you don’t have plans, I’d love you to consider joining me this year for a very exciting event.
 
The Amgen Tour of California professional cycling race kicks off in Sacramento on Sunday, May 11, and I’ll be part of a special walk called the Breakaway Mile to recognize community members involved in the fight against cancer. The walk is led by a “Breakaway from Cancer” Champion, and I was chosen to fill that role in Sacramento.
 
The race starts and finishes in downtown Sacramento so the hospitality tent will be open all day, starting at 9:30 am.  The race begins at 10:50 am and the walk will take place at about 2:00 pm. (It looks like I’ll be giving some sort of speech about that time.) The finish of the race is at approximately 3:30pm.
 
Patients, survivors, family members and advocates for the cause are all welcome.  Not only do you get to walk on the race course with me just prior to the professional finish, you also have access to a spectacular hospitality area near the finish line.
 
It’s going to be a really fun day (apparently, this is one of the biggest bike races in the country).
 
If you want to read more about the race, go to: http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com. On April 21st you will be able to register online for the Breakaway Mile (I will remind you then – or you can just let me know that you’d like to be a part of the support team and I’ll work with the organizer to get you registered.)
 
Here’s some info about Breakaway from Cancer (www.breakawayfromcancer.com)
 
I know it’s not until May, but I wanted to put it out there early because it is Mother’s Day. I truly hope that you and your friends/family will come out and spend a fun day at the Amgen Tour with me!
 
And on the cancer journey front – in less than one week I will be back on my wonderful PDL-1. Friday is the day! I can’t wait.

1 comment:

Braydenblake said...

Great Blog, While finding about Health conscious i found your blog,its really great one thanks for sharing
acupuncture in fair oaks