Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nachshon


This week Jews throughout the world are celebrating the Passover holiday.  A very poignant part of Moses’ leading the Jewish people out of slavery and into freedom was when they approached the Red Sea.

As you may recall from the story of Exodus, when the Israelites reached the Red Sea, it did not immediately part.  Hearing the Egyptian chariots quickly approaching, young Nachshon stepped out into the Red Sea with faith that it would part so that the Israelites could be saved.  But the sea did not part.  As Nachshon continues to enter the water – first to his ankles, then to his knees, his waist and his chest – the sea still did not part.  Nachshon’s faith did not waiver and finally, when the water reached his nostrils, the Red Sea splits and the Jewish people are saved.

On Thursday, I will find out whether my stepping out into the water worked.  I will get my CT on Wednesday night and will find out my results on Thursday.   These past 6 months I went out into the unknown.  I took a leap of faith that this new untried protocol would work.  Honestly, like the Israelites, I had little choice but to enter the waters….the alternative would have had dire circumstances. 

I pray that this study worked.  If my tumors stayed the same size or decreased in size, we will remain on the study.  If my tumors increased in size, then we’ll have to determine next steps – but I will most likely not be continuing the study.

Please send some prayers my way that on Thursday the Red Sea will part and my tumors will have cooperated. 

Happy Passover!

No comments: